A member found this floating around and thought it worth passing on. Remember just because we have the disease of compulsive debting doesn’t mean we don’t have, and need, a sense of humor.
(P.S. In case there’s any doubt this is NOT official DA literature!)
Twelve Steps to Insanity
- We admitted we were powerless over nothing – that we could manage our lives perfectly. We could also perfectly manage the lives of those around us.
- Came to believe that there was no power greater than ourselves and that the rest of the world was insane.
- Made a decision to have our loved ones turn their wills and lives over to our care even though they couldn’t understand us at all.
- Made a searching and fearless inventory of everyone we knew.
- Admitted to the whole world the exact nature of everyone else’s wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to make others give us the respect we thought we deserved.
- Demanded that others do our will because we were always enlightened.
- Made a list of all the persons who had harmed us and became willing to go to any length to get even with them all.
- 9. Got direct revenge on such people wherever possible except when to do so would cost us our lives or at least a jail sentence.
- 10. Continued to take inventory of others, and when they were wrong promptly and repeatedly told them about it.
- Sought through complaining and self-medication to improve our relations with others as we could not understand them at all, asking only that they do things our way.
- Having had a complete physical, emotional, and spiritual breakdown as a result of these steps, we tried to blame others and get sympathy in all our affairs.